You can help support the Victoria Police Museum in the following ways:
The Victoria Police Museum shop accepts card and cash donations.
Donation monies are invested in our conservation, exhibitions and public programs work.
Please ask our staff for details at the museum reception desk during your visit.
All object donation offers must be assessed by our Museum Acquisition Committee. It may take several months before a decision is made and there is no guarantee we will accept items that are offered for donation.
Please do not post precious objects, documents, or photographs.
Items offered for donation cannot be left with the museum.
To request an assessment of a donation object, please email the Victoria Police Museum team with the following:
- Photographs of the item. Please position a ruler beside the item in the photo to provide a sense of scale. It is also helpful to take photos from several different angles.
- A description of the item you would like to donate, including:
- the history of the item
- when, where and by whom was it made, owned or used
- the stories that surround the object or the people connected to it
- the condition of the item
- the dimensions of the item
- for publications, the author, title and date
- any other information about the item (e.g. any distinguishing features, serial numbers, trademarks).